Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Quilting Resolutions

I was supposed to make New Year's resolutions. That is the thing to do these days, isn't it? I've seen lots of stash busting resolutions on the blogs I read, and while I agree wholeheartedly with the goal, I don't think I have it in me to count the yards of fabric I have and keep a running total. So below are my goals for this year. Or "starting this year" I should say. It seems to me that the whole point of a resolution is to turn it into a habit or persistent state of being. Like "stop biting my fingernails." You don't plan to do it for a year and then stop. Or "lose 20 lbs." You certainly don't plan to keep it off just for a year. So with that in mind, this year I want to start:

  1. Actively set aside guilt free time to work on my sewing and quilts.
  2. Document what I do. This includes labels for each quilt (I'm really bad about this), photos of each quilt, and this blog.
  3. Be creative. Try new things. Experiment with color combinations and techniques I'm scared of.
  4. Finish UFOs. Off the top of my head, I can think of many that need to be completed: 25 patch pinwheels, red-black-gold, Happy Houses baby quilt, and come over to my house BOM.
Everything else is gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment