Monday, February 16, 2009

Broken Stained Glass

This quilt is titled "Broken Stained Glass" because that's what it reminds me of.


It was made as a Christmas gift for one of my favorite people. It's just a crazy nine-patch with a bunch of larger remnants of fat quarters. After I put it together, I realized it had a lot of orange in it. I used a small black and white polka dot for the backing and purple stripey fabric from my stash for the binding.




It was also the first large project I tried free motion quilting on. I didn't pre-wash the fabrics, used cotton batting, and quilted the bejeebies out of it. After I washed and dried it, it crinkled up in the most wonderful way. I really adore that look in quilts and am definitely going to do more of it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment