Monday, February 9, 2009

Computer Quilt #3

This was the last computer quilt I did (although I plan to do some more in the future) and I branched out into a laptop.



The proportions aren't quite right, but I was pleased that it was at least recognizable. I backed it with some red fabric from my stash and put on a 1/4" gold binding. The quilting is free-motion stippling in the larger background areas.



This computer has a TrackPoint ala the IBM laptops. I love the little red dots in the middle of the keyboard and hate trackpads with a passion. A couple of little green lights for status indicators were my other embellishments.



For fun, I tried my hand at putting words into my quilting. If you look closely in the photo below, you can see the word "null" spelled out in cursive. The photo's a bit dark, but I think it shows the stitching a bit better.



All in all, the "computer quilts" were a lot of fun to do. There are so many possibilities with just a simply layout of squares and rectangles. These could also be great fun to play with applique or 3-D embellishments (beads, yo-yos, etc).

1 comment:

  1. I've been searching high and low for that fabric!!! Please, where did you get it, what brand is it?!

    ReplyDelete