Thursday, February 5, 2009

Computer quilt 1

Last year, I did a series of small computer quilts. Again, the motivation was the need for some office wall hangings to make my office less generic. I'm a technologist (of a fashion) and I kinda like this mixing of quilting into my day job. It makes me smile every time I see it. This one was the first I finished.
It's a very simple design. Just squares (or rectangles) of fabric. The monitor "surround" has mitered corners and the red knobs and "disk drive" are appliquéd on for detail.
The quilting on this one is pretty straightforward. Just straight lines done with my walking foot. I used a cheap black fabric that was a bear to work with. Never again. The printed fabric is what really makes this fun. The keyboard fabric is by Timeless Treasures and is still available (I think). The others are also by Timeless Treasures but they're out of print now. I bought them about a year ago and carefully hoard each little scrap. The code on the monitor is the TCP/IP stack from what I can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment