Thursday, March 19, 2009

Row Robin - Row 1

I finished up my row for the Row Robin swap that Tab is hosting over at Enjoying Life's Journey. I've decided on a theme of "Green Christmas" for this one. Hopefully, you can see the green Christmas candies in this block. I did a poor job of choosing the background fabric and the candy wrappers blend in a bit more than I'd like. I think I can correct this with some careful quilting, but I wish I was better at choosing colors and visualizing how all the colors would work together.



It's a 12" finished block with a 6" finished "candy" in the center. I started out with a much larger center, but realized that was a mistake. I was making up the pattern as I went. I had seen the idea somewhere else (done in red and white) but couldn't find it to recreate it. I'm pretty pleased with how it all turned out, but would choose a different background fabric next time.




Now I just have to get it packaged up and sent out. I can't wait to see what comes back. Hopefully, I'll have a gorgeous, green Christmas quilt to display for Christmas next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment