Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Houses

I finally finished a baby quilt for a cousin-in-law. And I'm done early!! The baby isn't due until May (I think...)





It's from a pattern found at a Project Linus blog. It finishes at a 12" block, so it goes quickly. It's great for using up scraps.

Here are closeups of some of my favorite blocks.



I found this purple in my local quilt store's scrap bin and couldn't resist. For some reason, I really like it.



I love the yellow fabric and blue stripes of this one.

Here's a closeup of some of my free motion quilting. I'm slowly getting better at it. I got my new (to me) machine back from servicing recently and it does a magnificent job. I found a vintage Viking 6430 at a thrift store. It needed an overhaul, but it's a tank. I had it serviced by Glenn out at Hillsboro Sew & Vac and he did a phenomenal job. Very professional. I love the machine and have put my Kenmore away for a while. It was driving me nuts and the tension was a mess constantly. But I'm back to happily sewing now.

2 comments:

  1. This quilt looks great!!! Adding another pattern to my "to-do" list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These houses look lovely. Hmmm. They would look great with people/animals in the doors for older children!

    ReplyDelete