Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Graduation Celebration

About 3 or 4 years ago, my little brother graduated from college with a Chemical Engineering degree.  This deserved some commemoration, so I promised him a quilt.  I already had most of the top done on a quilt in his school colors!

Then I started quilting it and realized I was going to ruin it.  So off to Charisma at Charisma's Corner it went.  We went back and forth debating quilting motifs.  I had decided I wanted something more modern than the traditional fans or feathers.  So I asked Charisma to "do something circular" to offset all the simple squares.  This is what she came up with:




I almost kept this one for myself, I liked it so much.  Little Brother was lucky to get his quilt (even if it was a year or so late).


It got a solid black binding.  Unfortunately, I was rushing to get it to him and didn't get a picture of the finished quilt and him.  I need to remedy that this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment