Monday, May 18, 2009

More Wonky Words

I really enjoyed making a trial run of wonky letters a few months ago. Sadly, life has intervened and I haven't had a chance to do anything with them.

However, just a few weeks ago, Lazy Gal Tonya put out a call for free pieced words for her "Halloween Noises" quilt. I figured this was a good time to make some words with a purpose. I originally signed up to do a word in a "rounded" font. After a couple of trial runs, I figured out I was trying to fly a bit too high and should stick with what I know. So here's my Halloween noise: "Hoot". (Unfortunately, these are horrible pictures since it's raining outside; they don't do justice to the cool orange animal print.)



I put huge, neutral borders on it because Tonya has plans to hand quilt this and I wanted to leave her lots of room to do whatever she wanted with it. It looks very tiny in the below picture, but the word itself is almost 10" across.

2 comments:

  1. wheee, what a fun HOOT! you've given me a bunch of great space to quilt or to cut down if I need to - believe me, that's really handy when joining blocks of different sizes. thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great word. It's amazing how big the words come out isn't it.

    ReplyDelete