Monday, May 4, 2009

Felt Food

Due to a swap I'm involved in, I ventured off the beaten path of quilting and tried making some felt food. There are a lot of sites devoted to making felt play-food for little kids and some of it is astoundingly creative. I stuck to making strawberries because they were very easy and (in my opinion) adorable.



I used this wonderful tutorial from mrmonkeysuit/Auburn Studios. It's a great tutorial (although I left off the yellow seed embellishments because I'm lazy. As you can see, it makes a pretty realistically sized berry.



For the swap I'm in, six of us are exchanging different items. Each person will get 4 berries from me. At the end of it all I should also end up with ravioli & tomato sauce, carrots, beans, burger w/ bun, lettuce and tomato, a Popsicle and other assorted goodies. While I don't have kids, I think this might be perfect for my little cousin and his play kitchen. All in all, this is a really neat idea and I'm glad I tried it out.

1 comment:

  1. Strawberries may be simple but they are also darn cute! If you feel like testing your wings there are some great tutorials at this blog http://americanfeltandcraft.wordpress.com/.

    ReplyDelete