Monday, July 16, 2012

Another Finished Baby Quilt

There seems to be a slew of babies being born right now.  So this is another baby quilt I just finished that's going to go to its new owner.  I made this one using a fat quarter pack and the tutorial found over here at Two Little Banshees.  It worked out great, and I was able to use some of the scraps for binding.


I used a scrap of high-loft 100% poly batting I had from old projects.  I'm reminded why I vastly prefer a blend or 100% cotton.  the quilt didn't "crinkle" at all in the wash, and I love the crinkle and drape of a quilt w/ a good batting that's washed.

I quilted it with large circles to offset the square nature of the piecing.  I think in this one, I used salad plates and cereal bowls as the templates.  I do like the effect and the quickness of this quilting motif.

For the backing I used a brown piece that mimicked the circles in the quilting.  I pieced the binding out of 2" scraps I had leftover.   I prefer working with 2.5" binding, but hey, "waste not, want not."

So overall, two thumbs up on the pattern and design and a big "meh" on the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment