Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mini Pantry

This is a small test quilt that I did in preparation for a much larger jar quilt.



I have tons of "food" fabrics and have been wanting to try a jar quilt for a long time. This was a small version of a much bigger project.



In particular, I like the quilts that look like an actual pantry with different sized jar and bottles. So some of mine are jam jars, quart jars, etc.



I made this with scraps I had on hand. That explains the two colors of black. I used some scraps on the jar corners and then accidentally used a different black on the background. Doh! Other people tell me it's not noticeable, but it drives me bonkers.



I ended up giving this one away to some friends. Very appropriate since they had just canned figs the week before.



I also tried outlining a lot of the fruit with my quilting. I discovered I am very bad at following the lines. The quilting on the black background is a very tight stipple, and the brown wood around the outside has simulated wood grain quilting in it. Here's a closeup of the quilting on the purple grapes.

1 comment:

  1. A life spent making mistakes is not only
    more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. See the link below for more info.

    #mistakes
    www.matreyastudios.com

    ReplyDelete